Dr. Feifei Fan’s group (https://feifei-fan-group.org/) has four Ph.D. openings in solid mechanics and mechanical behavior of materials:
• Atomistic simulations of deformation and failure mechanisms. Experience in molecular dynamics (tools include but not limited to LAMMPS) is highly preferred.
• Coarse-grained modeling of micromechanics. Experience in finite element analysis (tools include but not limited to ABAQUS and MOOSE) is highly preferred.
• Design, fabrication, and testing of architected materials. Experience in 3D printing, digital image correlation, and mechanical testing is highly preferred.
Minimum requirements for admission:
• Undergraduate GPA of 2.5
• TOEFL score of 80 or equivalent IELTS (For students who have completed a B.S. or M.S. at an English-speaking university, this requirement is waived.)
• GRE (no minimum requirement)
A degree of M.S. is highly preferred.
These positions can start as early as Fall 2020 and are open until filled. A full graduate assistantship will be provided with tuition waiver and health insurance. Interested applicants may contact Dr. Fan at [email protected]
The University of Nevada, Reno is a Carnegie “R1” research university. Reno is 45 minutes from Lake Tahoe and its magnificent recreational opportunities, including 18 world-class ski resorts, and 4 hours from San Francisco. The area has a population of 425,000, a convenient international airport and growing engineering, high-tech and arts communities.