悉尼科技大学(UTS)招收1名ARC项目资助的全奖博士生(2018年8月入学)。免除学费后每年获得大约$27,000的助研奖学金。导师为Professor Stephen Taylor，主要研究方向为财务会计、资本市场研究和公司治理。如果感兴趣且是会计或者金融等相关背景，详情请联系Associate Professor Yaowen Shan，可将简历、成绩单及相关材料发送至[email protected]。UTS位于澳大利亚悉尼市中心，Ph.D. program在UTS商学院，需要雅思或者托福成绩。
The Accounting Discipline Group, University of Technology Sydney Business School, invites applicants for a PhD position in the area of financial reporting, auditing and corporate governance in accounting. Candidates should have an educational background in Accounting or Finance.
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised master’s by research or bachelor's degree with first or second class honours (division 1), or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate research studies. Applicants are expected to have above-distinction academic achievement (more than 75% overall in your degree).
- The English proficiency requirement for international students or local applicants with international qualifications is: Academic IELTS: 7.0 overall with a writing score of 7.0; or TOEFL: 94-101 overall with a writing score of 27.
- Nationality Criteria: All Countries
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP:
The scholarship is funded by an Australian Research Council grant awarded by the Australian Research Council to Professor Stephen Taylor, Professor Jere Francis and Associate Professor Yaowen Shan. The successful candidate will be awarded $27,000 per annum (tax free) for living allowance over a period of 3 years (subject to satisfactory progress) with travel support on attending research conferences and teaching opportunities in the second and third years. The scholarship includes the tuition fees, and the obligations of research assistance equivalent of 10 hours per week (500 hours per year). The successful applicant is expected to commence the study in August 2018.
Please send the following documents in electronic form to: [email protected]
1. Curriculum vitae;
2. Cover letter explaining your reason for interest in a doctoral education in accounting and why you are the ideal person to receive the scholarship;
3. Official undergraduate and postgraduate (if applicable) academic transcripts and testamurs (with English translation if applicable);
4. English test score certificate for IELTS or TOEFL (highly recommended);
5. Writing sample consisting of a paper written within applicant’s studies dealing with an accounting issue or in a related area, e.g., a research paper/article or a Master thesis (highly recommended).
DEADLINE: 28 February 2018.
Shortlisted candidates should expect to attend an interview either in person or on the telephone or via Skype by the potential supervisor.
ABOUT THE PHD PROGRAMME:
The three-year PhD programme at UTS Accounting Discipline Group allows you to conduct research under the supervision of Professor Stephen Taylor (https://www.uts.edu.au/staff/stephen.taylor), supported by research training courses. See the UTS homepage for more information about the PhD programme and the Accounting Discipline Group, https://www.uts.edu.au/future-st ... -phd/accounting-phd, and https://www.uts.edu.au/about/uts ... hat-we-do/research.