We have 1 or 2 PhD position in the general area of modeling and simulation of advanced engineering materials. The student will have opportunities to work with experts from the industry and the national lab.
1. For applicants with no degree from a English-Speaking country:
TOEFL >= 79 or IELTS >= 6 (and a minimum score of 5 on each subscale)
2. GRE verbal and quantitative scores (no minimum requirement)
4. Strong interest in computational research
Preferred (not required):
1. Experience with finite element methods.
2. Experience with scientific computing.
3. Experience with fracture mechanics.
Ideally, the students will start in fall 2019. Though the positions will be open until filled.